[SOURCE:JoBlo.com]
I never thought I'd see the day that 2 "Greg Kinnear movies" would crack my top 10 of any year...wow! Seriously though, I'm not sure why others aren't including THE MATADOR in their 2006 lists, as the film was released wide in January of 2006, but there it is on mine. Unfortunately, due to my crappy health, I wasn't able to see as many movies as I'd have liked this year, but I recently tried to see all of the films that I thought might crack my top 10, except for a few that I still haven't gotten around to like THE PRESTIGE, DREAMGIRLS, APOCALYPTO, etc... (there might be a small upgrade to my list over the next week or two, but not all that much).

Overall, this was yet another weird year in movies in the sense that it was sadly (once again) packed with lots of generic/sequel/remake garbage, but at the same time, also included a number of classics (in my opinion) that should be discussed for years to come (and no, I'm not talking about LITTLE MAN). I apologize for the incompleteness of my list, but for those scoring at home, I thought you might want to see what my thoughts were on the films that I did manage to see in 2006.


RUNNERS-UP
(alphabetical order)
The Break-Up, Idiocracy, Little Children, Nacho Libre, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, Running Scared, Talladega Nights


#10 - CLERKS 2
#9 - THE ILLUSIONIST
#8 - THANK YOU FOR SMOKING
#7 - BORAT
#6 - THE MATADOR
#5 - THE DEPARTED
#4 - V FOR VENDETTA
#3 - LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE
#2 - THE FOUNTAIN
#1 - PAN'S LABYRINTH


Want to read it all? HERE's the bit for you. Check it out.