So, I think this post really makes it obvious that I'm such a Ms. Kidman fan. Couldn't it get more
obvious than that? Honestly, in my own opinion, Nicole Kidman is the best actresses working today in the Hollywood arena, and she has already proven her talent no doubt. Not only that, not to mention her charms, beauty and sultriness - wohoo! She has made so many great films, most are unforgettable and absolutely performace-driven. And she doesn't only do movies, she does commercials as well. Chanel anyone? Who could ever forget that elegant and expensive Baz
Lhurmann-directed ad? And of course, will movie history ever forget this lady? I guess not, and she's continuing to make her mark as one of the most important actors in history. God, how this woman with such beauty prove such acting skills. Her acting range is just impossible to measure. Put her everywhere, throw her some roles, and she would perfectly fit in, whether as a courtesan, a schizophrenic weirdo, a seductive temptress - name it, she'll do it.
Although I haven't seen some of her films, like To Die For, Flirting, Dead Calm, Far and Away and Days of Thunder, I would just embarassingly limit my picks to what I have checked out. This must be stupid, I know, knowing that I'm such a big fan. One day, I'll check out all her films.

#5 BIRTH
This film rocked me when Nicole Kidman showed up in the screen. With very short French-like brunette hair and her air of professionalism, she gave one of her most stunning and shocking performances of her life. Tell me, would anybody handle an almost 3-minute scene with the camera held in front of your face? With this scene alone, Kidman masterfully did her craft. She plays the role of a professional woman being haunted by the death of her husband, and encounters a boy one day claiming that he was the reincarnation of her husband's spirit. You could really feel the character so troubled and so deeply confused. There's no one else but Kidman can do the job.

#4 DOGVILLE
Underseen, but very appreciated. Lars Von Triers's stupendous masterpiece shaped Kidman into an actress that could give out the most raw acting skills. This film is staged like a play, no effects, no visual-eye candies, no whoozah wham-bam explosions. Just the camera, a script, and pure acting. Kidman captured a very symbolic character, a lady whose role serves as a irony to the recent American society (one iconic role that would surely make President Bush's eyebrow raise like a bird's wing). She becomes so endearing at the first roll, captivating on the second, pitiful on the third and in the next minute, hate her with all your wrath that you wanted to crush her for her sudden redemption. This is a signal of course that she's a great actress.

#3 THE OTHERS
The Others, for me, is one of the most effective horror movies of all time, and without Nicole Kidman, I should say, this film wouldn't be on the list. It all goes down to Nicole, her wits, her air
and the talent she braves. It was the only recent horror movie I remembered that got all critics raving mad, and because of that, she grabbed an Oscar nod. Portraying a World War II victim, a wife of a lost soldier, she makes such a disguise that keeps us guessing who really are 'The Others' in the film. Of course, we all know the story, and what a solid ending it was! Nifty little twist there, and Kidman stirred us to believe that she's a behemoth in her field. She really made us believe how someone would react when she discovers about death, especially about her own self.

#2 MOULIN ROUGE
A grand visual and cinematic feat. My second most favorite movies of all time next to Braveheart. The movie that defines what love epic is all about. The film that changed the industry of musical movies. A lavish entertainment, full of delight, romance, honor, beauty, courage and of course, what else - true love. Kidman illuminates as the courtesan Satine (my, this is the film where her porcelain skin really haunts me, haha!) I can't quit watching it over and over again, and I can't just get enough of it. Truly, second of her finest performances. Before, we do not know she could sing, but after watching this, bloody hell, she could dance as well. Satine's character is just so full of feisty determination but sadness and hopelessness on the other side of the beautiful face, and we just grieve with her when she shouts with an angry, wistful voice with teary emptiness , "I can't take this anymore! I'm going away! Away from you, away from the Duke, away from Moulin Rouge!" A performance so fine that made Halle Berry looked like a shame when she grabbed the Oscar.

#1 THE HOURS
Ladies and gents, the Oscar Best Actress. No wonder, her most famous feat. I believe no other actress could pull out such a terrific act as Virginia Woolf in this film. Remarkably done and career- defining. This is the role that made a mark to the de-glam of actresses to play such ugly characters.
With prosthetic nose, add-on jaw, frowning brows and an air of petulance, she really had an uncanny resemblance to the late Virginia Woolf, writer of Ms. Dalloway. A great accomplishment that even overshadows her co-stars, the legendary Meryl Streep and Julianne Moore. She really encapsulates Woolf's moods, the way she looks, the way she moves; her troubled mind and consistent longing to find meaning in life, even in death. As what she said in the film, if she were given a chance to choose between Richmond and death, she would choose death, therefore defining her own humanity.
Best line that she delivered: "My life has been stolen from me. I am living in a town I have no wish to live in. I am living... a life I have no wish to live."
What an amazing film, and beautifull written too. One of those films that would make you change your mind about life, the way it works, its mysteries and its abnormalities. One of my Top 10 Best Movies of All Time.