I watched this film a week ago, and right now, upon writing this review, there wasn't so much left in my brain cells but only the film's hip and stylish cinematography. Oh, by the way, Josh Hartnett and Lucy Liu too somehow awakened my loss of memory.Lucky Number Slevin is not actually a very good film, 'cause my definition for very good movies includes the element of being unforgettable. It's not a bad film, either. It's in fact, in my opinion, a kind of movie that would somehow entertain you on a boring Friday night. Just a time-killer; it makes you forget that you had regretfully chosen to stay home, sit on your couch and watch the telly instead going out with your friends, waking the dead at dawn. What really rocked in this film was its classy, stylish, cunningly-donned cinematography. It's a gangster film, alright, and one could actually say that Slevin is another Pulp Fiction wannabe. I won't give away the plot here, and if I would, you would really hate me for saying it. But there's only one thing I could say for now. There's a major twist, and I could say I appreciated the fact how the filmmakers, or maybe plotmakers, were able to thread together the events that would lead to the conclusion at the end. I wasn't all too overwhelmed by the "twist" but I shall say it's effective and not disappointing. Also, making a movie made out of A-List actors is a tough job, especially putting together Sir Ben Kingsley, Morgan Freeman, Bruce Willis, Josh Hartnett and Lucy Liu on one set. They all played roles which are very common in a gangster movie, and to mention, bearing ultra-sleek names do add to the coolness. Sir Ben Kingsley played The Rabbi, who was in constant feud with another mafia kingpin called The Boss played by the respected Morgan Freeman. Both lived in glass towers facing each other, and the two were considered the great rival crime masters in the city. As what I've said, the cinematography is great and it only proves that there is more style than substance in this film. People like me, who crave for original and fresh cinematographies, would appreciate this film, and that's only that. The plot could be a bit ridiculous sometimes, but all-in-all, what it really wanted to pin down is your Friday night kind-of-entertainment. Josh Hartnett and Bruce Willis both played their roles coolly, and Sir Ben Kingsley and Morgan Freeman obviously enjoyed their parts as well. The one that I appreciated most is Lucy Liu. OK, she's petite and Asian, but she played the role well. Being able to transform from comic to emotional is difficult and this Asian lass pulled that out stunningly. Even though one might think that she's too small for Hartnett as a loveteam, she managed to do it and she's really funny. She could utterly prove a sparkle between her and Hartnett, killing of the size between them two. Also, in Hartnett's part, one could say that the film's costume department had been too detained in costume budget, putting Josh Hartnett on the set, running around with only a towel on his waist.

Rating: B