This film should finally serve as a gigantic marquee to Hollywood saying: "Stop making remakes, for Christ's sake!" The original Omen movie was a superb horror flick and it truly scares audiences way back in the early 90's, but now, the remake Omen is just as horrifying as your common bad movie.
The Omen remake doesn't work. It dull, boring and pretty redundant. It didn't even terrify being presented with the idea of having Satan's child gracing the screen. And Damien is one of the boringest kids in cinema history. Movies are never perfect, but this film was way too much from perfect as if it was made out of scraps, wanting to rejoin the remnants, but sadly saying failing at its own purpose. I expected it to be more gothic and more armageddon-like, but it was lightweight, and Damien the Satan's kid is just as boring as hell indeed. Question, why do all weird kids do have to look weird, I mean, why do they have these dark spots under their eyes and does Satan's kid really have this weird sickening black hair? And why does this kid always stares around as if he's some reincarnation of Hannibal Lecter? Does the kid really know that he's the son of Satan, and that he could think: "Bloody hell, I'm Satan's kid so I shall look weird, matching my evil stares and evil movement.." Oh, come on, be realistic, a kid like this small knows that he's the son of Satan. How did he know? Did Satan actually visited him in his dream and told him, "My child, look weird 'cause you're my kid. You've got no choice, so do what I want you to do."
All my blubbers here are just signs that this film don't have a sensical plot. Characters in this film are muddled and clumsy. Julia Stiles is way out of saving her last dance; she's not effective, I tell yah. Liev Schrieber is just fine but not complexly overwhelming. Damien the kid (I don't care what was the actor's name) was just as equally clumsy as Julia Stiles, always wearing the same expression right from the movie started up to the movie ended.
Watch this film and you'll understand why I'm talking like this. I didn't feel the creeps. I didn't feel the heebie-jeebies. I didn't even contemplate to consider this movie good at all.

Rating: C