A taut, tense and well-acted thriller. Fueled by three of the most high-powered actors in Hollywood arena today, namely Denzel Washington, Jodie Foster and Clive Owen, I shall say this film's truly a kick-butt speaking about high-powered acting. It's a very good definition of its own genre - a bank robbery - a very good whoozah! of an entertainment, but still it left me with a lot of loopholes. Everything is really good in this film, the performances, Spike Lee's superb grace of direction and good sense of editing and so much more about the knowledge of filmmaking, except for one flaw. They left the plot a bit inconspicuous, at least in my own opinion. When the film ended, I totally didn't get it. Let me just say that maybe it was "too intelligent" for me or maybe just a little "too stupid" for my own kind of brain. One thing - I didn't get the ending.
But at least, that's my only complain about the film because I admit, not a single minute in this film was boring. It was really entertaining, as what I defined taut. And I dug Denzel's look-I'm-a-flashy-cop performance or maybe Jodie's don't-mess-with-me-I'm-a-professional-bitch acting and Clive's I'm-the-coolest-robber-in-screen-history role playing. I did like the film and I truly enjoyed it, it's just that maybe the writers made a considerable amount of explanation at the end because they truly left me with my mouth hanging, and not hanging as if I truly get it, the kind of hanging where the words come out as "What the f-?"
Sorry, but I could not rate this film any higher or any lower. It deserves this grade and I could say perhaps that 2-time Oscar bagger Jodie Foster couldn't complain to this one and Mr Washington too.

Rating: B+