My idea of a movie produced by Quentin Tarantino himself and directed by the gore king Eli Roth would be a kick-ass, blow-by-blow blood fest of savagery film. It was, indeed, but for me, lacks the real thing. I don't understand the whole plot. I mean, I do understand it of course as I am no daft bat. What I don't understand was the nonsensical plot. Okay, it was all about a male duo who travelled all over Europe and went into a hedonistic sex-capade (Amsterdam, etc.) and then adventures turned the other way around. Now, Hollywood supposedly-horror films were full of that, and what's the originality of adventures turned wrong? I don't even see the explanation why the place exist, the place where all the gore happened, the place where Jay Fernandez was tortured. Why was there people around. Don't they seem to notice what was happening inside? Were they really doctors? What were they doing? Are they some deranged mental lunatics who escaped from the institution and became surgeon wannabes? I tell you now on, there are gazillions of loopholes in the plot. It was as if watching a large net full of holes in it that you couldn't see a solid shiny piece of surface. One critic said it was teh scariest American film of the decade. Scariest my ass. It did clenched my tummy for a while, seeing all that blood and gore in front of my face. But it also clenched my tummy and brains for actually wanting to rebel against the film's daft bat of a plot.

Rating: C

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Post a Comment