Wait, I'm still recovering from the shock I received from watching this film. A History of Violence is indeed a solid film, a powerful movie that stirs us both physically and emotionally. It's an interesting thriller and it would surely grip you at several moments, sitting at the edge of your seat, almost gaping and literally in awe. David Cronenberg crafted a wicked film, and since I haven't dug some of his films, I would surely check out his movies.
A History of Violence will stun and horrify you. And so are the peformances by Viggo Mortenses and Maria Bello, both are stunning. The direction from Cronenberg is absolutely brilliant and masterful.
It speaks about how violence could utterly disrupt the lives of the innocent. The main character, Tom Stall, isn't who he thinks he is, and right now, I'm a kind of critic who doesn't want to give out spoilers so I'm gonna talk here about the film, not the story (as if I'm a critic, pardon my frustration). There's not a single minute that's wasted, and it's truly a significant film about family, loyalty, bravery and responsibility. And if you're looking for a filmmaker who could make your stomach churn a lot, David Cronenberg is one of the best. It's actually a disturbing film, especially that Cronenberg's a bit fanatic for harassing images, gore and all that lot. And if you wanted Mortensen and Bello doing the 69, you're in the right kind of place, haha! But anyway, it is a savage film, that talks about savagery, and how people sometimes wanted to forget their past that they wanted to totally erase it, even when violence is needed for it to follow. It's not the Best Film of 2005, as what other critics say, but it's surely one of the best of 2005. It's one kind of film that would make me change my mind. If only I could correct my Top 10 Best Films of 2005, I would apparently include this one. But what's done is done, and I'm just happy I checked out this film before it's too late, before it gets cobwebs in the video stores. Check out this film, it would really shake your senses up.

Rating: A-