Let's start reviewing this movie by reviewing what other critics say about this film. Deborah Young from Variety says "...fluid and focused but very concise, commanding audience atention from start to finish." "A thriller with powerful political subtext," writes Michael Wilmington of Chicago Tribune, and Peter Travers of Rolling Stone screams "you won't be able to look away!" And finally, my favourite critic Roger Ebert reveals, "a perplexing and disturbing film of great effect."Now, it's my turn. I couldn't write down fabulous words and exciting appraisals about this film like those critics on the upper part of the page because to tell you honestly, I've been scratching my head while watching this movie. It's not really the most ordinary movie you see almost everyday, and it's not filled with majestic cinematography either. It's filled with still cameras and videos that one might see in other documentary features. Sometimes it drags, it drones and almost bore me half to death. But Caché is one of those films that realisation only drops in full weight right after a few hours watching the film. The film is not that bad after all. It does bore yes, because there is no camera movement in it. And that the story resides on a couple with a child who were all disrupted by their daily lives when they discovered video tapes being sent to them, only to realise that they were being watched. The film's ending left me hanging, and it's supposed to be that way. I scratched my head, yes, I was confused, but things made me open my eyes that this film has a bottomless mystery. It isn't a thriller for me, as what other says, as I wasn't clearly thrilled but the prospects of good editing and unique deft directing must be recognised. Caché means hidden, and just imagine that one day, you'll receive videotapes and realise that your daily life has been watched. Question: who could it be? The answer really is within you.

Rating: B-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Post a Comment